Chewsday Review- Carman's Fruit Free Muesli Bars

Another Chewsday, another Carman’s Muesli Bar. Today’s review features Carman’s Fruit Free Muesli Bars. Are they any better than the fruit containing ones? 🔶Ingredients: 🔹This is another tricky ingredient list to interpret, but basic facts suggest it's 77% muesli. The muesli ingredients include oats (62%), sunflower oil, nuts (9%), seeds (9%), golden syrup, oat flour and cinnamon. 🔹If 77% of the bar comes from muesli, then obviously you want to know what the other 23% of ingredients are. Well, according to the information panel, it's just glucose (sugar) and natural vanilla flavour. So essentially, this product is Carman's fruit-free muesli, with sugar to bind it. 🔹Common allergens inclu

Chewsday Review- Mother Earth Oaty Slices

Today's Chewsday review is of Mother Earth Oaty Slices, and I chose the “Very Berry” bar to put under the microscope today. Just another sugar-filled snack, or is this a good option for lunchboxes? 🔶Ingredients: whole grain cereals (39% oats), berries (12%) butter (11%), brown sugar, wheat flour, invert sugar, raisins (with added sunflower oil), sultanas (with added sunflower oil), whole egg powder, raising agents (450, 500), natural flavour, citric acid. 🔹The berries include cranberries (53%) but the cranberries are only 65% of this by weight with the rest coming from sugar and oil. Berry pieces make up the other half of the ‘berry’ and these are made up of fruit puree with invert sugar,

Chewsday Review- Carman's Original Muesli Bars

Today's food product is Carman's original fruit and nut muesli bars. These contain almonds and pecans so aren’t appropriate for some schools. But is it a quick, nutritious snack or just junk? 🔶Ingredients: 🔹This is a slightly tricky ingredient list to interpret, but basic facts suggest it's 79% muesli. The muesli ingredients include oats (52%), dried fruit (14% including sultanas, currants, raisins and coconut), sunflower oil, seeds (7%), nuts (7%), golden syrup, oat flour and cinnamon. 🔹If 79% of the bar comes from muesli, then obviously you want to know what the other 21% of ingredients are. Well, according to the information panel, it's just glucose (sugar) and natural vanilla flavour.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2023 by Kyla Smith. Proudly created with Wix.com

Read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use 

Follow Us
  • Facebook Black Round
  • Instagram Black Round
RSS Feed